Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Oneohtrix Point Never Boiler Room Set


Oneohtrix Point Never aka Daniel Lopatin has been one of my favorite artists over the past couple of years. Album after album he's released has gotten more and more impressive. Rift's, Replica, and the latest R Plus Seven. For this post I'm focusing on his L.A. Boiler Room set. I've never had the opportunity to see him live. But I can imagine it's nothing short of amazing. He starts this set with an elongated version of "Still Life" the opening drones that fade into the song are so incredible. I can't imagine how powerful it sounds on a good sound system aka not youtube...
This whole set is honestly some of my favorite music I've ever listened to. The way he mixes his songs are just so powerful. The gem in all of this comes at the end of the video. He layers synths on top of the opening song from R Plus Seven, "Boring Angle." Check this out and enjoy. Really amazing stuff going on here.
 
Also since I'm blogging about OPN. Here's my favorite song from 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment