Thursday, January 24, 2013

Charanjit Singh 10 Ragas to a Disco Beat

Charanjit Singh's, 10 Ragas to a Disco Beat was recently reissued by a Dutch record company and I still need to get my hands on that vinyl! For now though, I'll have to settle with the mp3 version of the album. The amazing thing about this album was how ahead of its time it was. Released in 1982, Charanjit was creating acid house music a couple years before it really took off. This is a great piece of early electronic music and a very important one. It's hard to find online and has been taken down a couple of times, so I'm not going to bother with a link. I will post the first track from the album though and a really good article about the album and how it was made.


Recent interview with Charanjit in 2010
 
Original artwork


No comments:

Post a Comment