Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tonight tonight

Tonight is the Night! First post on this new blog, figured it would be appropriate to share one of my favorite soul songs ever!  So here we  have Bessie Regina Norris, better known as Betty Wright performing her hit song "Tonight is the Night" live from the 70's. I particularly love this version of the song with its three minute or so intro describing how the song came to be. Indeed its a little long but light on the ears, smooth guitar melodies, and my favorite bass line of all time. You can get lost in it. Enjoy.









Good ol' Betty :)

3 comments:

  1. Phil,

    Thanks for starting your own blog and for sharing Betty Wright with me! "Woman to Woman" is such a good song, I'll listen to this one soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allow me to correct myself: thanks for sharing Shirley Brown, singer of "Woman to Woman", and now Betty Wright... :)

      Delete
  2. haha Glad you figured that out! And thanks for introducing me to Blogger!

    ReplyDelete