Thursday, January 24, 2013

Giving him something he can feel

I was visiting a good old friend up at his respective college in Pennsylvania, so naturally as a college student by the end of the night we had consumed a large amount alcohol. Anyways my friends and I were on a large soul music kick...and still are today. So when it came time to crash naturally as kids in the 21st century we turned on the Television to fall asleep. What we found though was an infomercial called "Body and Soul" a collection of great soul songs. This kept us up for a while before falling asleep. The very next day I obtained the Body and Soul collection, and it brought some great great Great tracks to my ears. One great example was Aretha Franklin's Giving him something he can feel. A purely magnificent soul song, with Mrs. Franklin singing her heart and soul out. Now I really enjoy hearing this song after a couple spirits in me, but it would be great to play for your significant other. My favorite line from the song has to be,
"Well, I'm
Livin in a world of ghetto life
Everyone Seems is so uptight
Nothin's wrong, it's alright, my man
I like the way we carry on
His love will send me on and on
with my man
People out there can you understand?"



2 comments:

  1. Shit, Phillip, Pat and I used to do the same thing, watching soul/doowop/other music infomercials at 4 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn funny how stuff like that happens. The circle is complete.

    ReplyDelete